As Valentine Day is nearing, I thought of making a Valentine Basket. The craft is very simple and does not cost too much. I have used all the materials which I purchased from the dollar store. (I am a big fan of this store).This craft takes very less time , 30 minutes or less.
- Floral Arranger (Styrofoam used in vases)-$1 from dollar store.
- Push pins -$1 from dollar store(comes in pack of colorful pins).
- Chenille Stems-$1 from dollar store. (comes in a pack of assorted colors).
- Felt Pieces-$1 from dollar store.(comes in a pack of assorted colors).
- Red Curling Ribbon-$1 from dollar store ( from party favors aisle)
- Red streamers-$1 from dollar store (from party favor aisle)
- Red Beads. ( I already had these at home) Beads are also available at the dollar store in the crafts section.
- White glue-$1 from dollar store.
- Few Thumb Tacks-$1 from dollar store.
Step 1. Put 16 pins on the top of the styrofoam floral arranger (on the outer circumference) and 16 pins on the bottom of the styrofoam floral arranger (on the outer circumference).
Step2. I then covered the sides of the floral arranger with red streamer to cover the green color of the styrofoam.
Step3. I then took the curling ribbon and stared from tacking the ribbon with a thumb tack on the top surface and began winding it around a top pin and a bottom pin in ' figure 8' fashion.To give a denser effect, repeat the procedure with a slant each time. I worked 3 rows. To end tack the ribbon with a thumb tack on the top surface.
Step4. To cover the pins ,I tied around the pins a red chenille stem , one on the top and one on the bottom.
Step 3. I covered the pins with red glitter glue as I did not have many red colored pins. You can omit this step if you have lot of red colored pins.
Step 4. Now to hide the thumb tacks on the upper surface, I cut some felt fabric in a circular shape of the same size as that of the top part of the floral arranger. I stuck that on the top of the floral arranger using white glue.
Step5. I thought of making a beautiful handle for this Valentine Basket. For the handle, I took a red chenille stem and put some red beads at intervals. I inserted the handle inside the strofoam on two opposite ends.
I think all will surely love the beautiful Valentine Basket you made to hold the Valentine Day Card!