Friday, February 8, 2013

MIRROR

                                                                MIRROR.

This mirror reminds me of the fairy tale 'Snow White' in which the queen says "Mirror mirror on the wall , who is the fairest of all".
  

Supplies Needed:

  1. Mirror-$1 ( from dollar store).
  2. Candle Stand-$1 (from dollar store).
  3. Cardboard- ( had in hand from Pizza Box).
  4. Pearls/ Beads- 26 or 28.
  5. Can Tabs- 25 small and 1 large.
  6. Hot glue gun.
  7. E-6000 glue.
  8. A styrofoam white small ball or a rubber ball.
  9. Compass to draw circle.
  10. Ruler to measure the diameter of the mirror.
  11. Pair of scissor.
  12. X-Acto knife/Utility Knife-$1 (from dollar store)
  13. White acrylic paint and brush.                                              

Method:

I first measured the diameter of the mirror using a rule and calculated the radius. Using a compass I marked 0.5 cm extra than the size of the mirror.
I then began glueing the can tabs along the circunference using my hot glue gun. At the end I used a large can tab.
I used E-6000 glue to stick the mirror. I then hot glued pearls/beads in each hole of the can tab. I did not have styrofoam ball, so I took a rubber ball and painted it white using acrylic paint as it was orange colored. I put some glitter accents on it.

 
 I then used a Utility Knife and cut the ball half way.
 


 I made a bow using a sheer off-white glittering ribbon, fastened it in the center using thread and hot glued a pearl on it.

Using E-6000 glue, I glued the ball into the glass candle stand with the cut portion on the top. Then glued the largest can tab into the slot of the ball. On the top of the ball, I glued the bow and  Ta-Da!


I am loving the results!!!
 
     

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love a good "thinking outside the box" craft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. very very interesting nisha thank u for the idea's my daughter keep asking me about some new idea to put up in her school

      Delete
  3. I am glad that you liked it Latha! I will keep posting more. Keep watching this blog for more ideas.

    ReplyDelete