Thursday, July 25, 2013

REPURPOSE CEREAL BOXES INTO STORAGE BINS /ORGANIZERS

REPURPOSE CEREAL BOXES INTO STORAGE BINS/ ORGANIZER

 
 
I decided to make few storage bins/organizers to keep my work station clutter-free. I used empty cardboard cereal boxes for this.

 
 
REQUIREMENTS:
 
Empty cereal box
Utility Knife
Construction paper
Elmer's Multipurpose glue
Pair of scissors.
Cello tape/Packing tape
Ruler
 
METHOD:
 
1. I took an empty cereal box and marked 7 inches on it for the depth of my organizer.
 
 
2. I then folded the sides inside, so that they become more sturdier for holding them.
 
3. Mark 1 inch handles (1.5 inches below the top edge) and cut them using an Utility Knife.
 
 
4. Tape the sides inside and the bottom to seal the joints using broad cello tape or packing tape. Later using your favorite color construction paper, cover the outer part of the cereal box using glue.
 
 
 
 
 
5.The final results are.....
 
Now my work station looks good. I made four of these. No more messy. It looks a little organized now. They look plain and simple. One can decorate these using dots of contrasting color or stripes or paint something on them or using little paper punch craft on it. Let your imagination run wild and then see the results!
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment